3.17.2010

take luck.

Here is my St. Patrick's Day blog post.  First you should know that I have decided to call it St. Patty's Day because I think it sounds more Irish.  Second, I have a few suggestions for how you might celebrate St. Patty's special day. 

You could dress up like a leprechaun.  Don't tell me you've never thought about it.  You could bleach your hair, carry around a cute little pot o' gold and wear undies that said "KISS ME I'M IRISH" across on the butt.  See...
I really think you would look really good in this.

But if you're not into slutwear, you could try commemorating St. Patty by eating tons of Lucky Charms.


I just found this sweet retro box design on the webs.  Notice it features the four original "marshbits" as General Mills calls them: pink hearts, orange stars, yellow moons, and green clovers.  Over the years they threw in some different marshbit shapes like horseshoes, shooting stars, leprechaun hats.  At some point they added whales...does anyone else think that's weird?  Oh I just thought of something, you know what would be really good, Lucky Charms Treats!  I bet someone else has thought of that.  Hold on, let me Google it.....

Cha ching!  Those is some tasty-lookin' sweet treats.

If you aren't into super-sugary over-processed food products, you might try celebrating this St. Patty's Day by watching one of Hollywood's finest holiday films.  No, I am not referring to the 1993 movie Leprechaun - that movie was terrible!  No, I am talking about the highly superior 2000 movie, Leprechaun In The Hood

A few things you will see in this film: Ice T, marijuana laced with 4-leaf clovers, an "afro pick" used as a weapon, a magical brainwashing flute, and a rap performance by the undead leprechaun and his zombie fly girls.

But if you really want to celebrate right, you gotta remember what ol' Patty himself used to say...


Did you know that Guinness was St. Patty's favorite beverage?  Okay maybe that was some other dude named Patty, but either way, it tastes good.  And it is especially festive when you can make a perfect clover in the foamy head.
Mmm...

Happy St. Patty's Day!

1 comment:

  1. you can also pretend that you're "100% Irish" like we did for my entire childhood.

    ReplyDelete