4.09.2009

[colon-left-half-of-parentheses]

I have not posted for a few weeks because I have been waiting for some interesting, funny, entertaining tidbit of information to pop into my brain to share with the World Wide Web (or with Seth, who may be the only person that reads this). However, since my brain has been void of such tidbits, I have remained silent.

To be honest, the last few weeks have been plagued with confusion, disappointment, anger, confrontation, frustration, sadness, compassion, and it goes without saying complete emotional weariness. I do not mean to complain about how terrible my life has been lately, or to confess a profound tragedy that has occurred. Maybe you have heard about some of the things I am writing. I would like to be clear that I am not writing about a singular event or incident or person, but several things that have come up in the last month. These incidents have forced me to reevaluate how I respond to others as a friend, as a leader in an organization, most importantly as a representative of Christ.

I guess I am publicizing this for a few reasons.

1. I want to be transparent with y'all about the things I am walking through - I guess that's sort of the point of a blog.

2. I want to encourage you to take a look at your relationships with people. How do you communicate with others? Are you aware of your own faults? Do you approach conflict with humility and empathy? Are you honest? Are you trustworthy? Do you listen? Really?

3. If you are lucky enough to have relationships with people who do trust you, who are honest with you, who are humble and understanding, please tell them how much you appreciate that. Tell them today. Tell them often. Remember that mature, healthy relationships are not to be assumed or taken for granted, they are rare and require much effort.

I hope and pray that through all this that I become a better person. That if I have handled things in an inappropriate way, that I can learn to respond differently in the future. I also hope that the hurts people have incurred along the way will be healed. That infractions on all sides would be forgiven. I guess these things go without saying, it's just that accomplishing them is very difficult.

All of that being said, I am really excited to hit up the Burgh for Easter. We will have a 3-for-1 Easter holiday complete with helping my mom move into a new house, Felton family fun, St. Mary's Catholic Church, BBQ at my dad's. Hopefully, the weekend will also include seeing baby June (Hooper)Mushrush, dying hard-boiled eggs festive pastel designs (perhaps Hannah Montana, Transformers or whatever new-fangled egg decorating kit is on display at Wal-mart), Easter cookies from the Donut Bank, and a brisk 2-mile jog.

[colon-right-half-of-parentheses]

lovecare.

No comments:

Post a Comment